Tomatoes, Peas, and Microgreens
The experiment continues. So far the mixed sowing in the left-hand half-seed-tray is mostly still just beetroot but I can see some herbs coming through. We’ll see how this does but it might be more sensible next time for me to sow them separately.
The main raised bed in the greenhouse had a weird steep incline thing happening. The soil level at the back was up to the bottom of the window (the white strip at the top of the photo) and ran down to the wooden edge. This meant water ran straight off onto your feet before it had a chance to sink in – madness! We used this extra spent soil to bulk out the raised planters in the new courtyard before digging in some well-rotted horse manure to enliven the beds.
Here they are all planted out in the beds.
I started off some more tomato and cucumber seedlings to take with me to my greenhouse when we move back in (which should be in the next few weeks). There’s plenty left over from mum’s plantings so I’m going to be fighting for space.
These peas sulked after being planted out and pinched out (the change of weather to chilly surely didn’t help). However, this week I can see signs of growth again so I think we’re okay.